We handle a wide variety of environmental litigation and claims. These includes private parties, governmental agencies, and activist groups involving Prop. 65, compliance with statutory programs such as RCRA/HWCL, Superfund, toxic trespass and nuisance, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and pesticide regulation.
We have experience with the remedies of damages, injunctions, cleanup costs, consent judgments, mandamus, specific performance and quiet title. We have also defended “citizen suits” brought under Proposition 65, the Clean Water Act, RCRA, and NEPA/CEQA.
- Multi-party groundwater cleanup lawsuits.
- Federal and state court cleanup cost recoveries and damages.
- Claims involving environmental consultants as to audits, etc.
- Takings (“inverse condemnation”) from pollution by the government.
- Superfund clean up costs, contribution claims, and RCRA injunctive remedies.
- Prop. 65, including cosmetics, auto products, clothing, camping gear, and manufacturing practices.
- Clean Water Act pollution.
- Fraud, negligent nondisclosure, and misrepresentation.
- NEPA, CEQA, California UST Fund, and judicial review of government agency decisions.
- Pollution and contamination, including drycleaning fluids, metals, solvents, petroleum and other fuels, both for real property/buildings and product ingredients.